Date:	Fri, 27 Jun 2014 18:24:53 +0200
From:	Rostislav Lisovy <lisovy@...il.com>
To:	Johannes Berg <johannes@...solutions.net>,
	"John W. Linville" <linville@...driver.com>,
	linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	Michal Sojka <sojkam1@....cvut.cz>, s.sander@...dsys.de,
	jan-niklas.meier@...kswagen.de,
	Rostislav Lisovy <rostislav.lisovy@....cvut.cz>
Subject: [RFC] Try multiple bandwidths when checking usable channels.

The issue with the code in the reverted 8eca1fb692cc commit (and the
previous unmodified implementation as well) was that we checked if a
channel of some particular bandwidth (i.e. 5 or formerly 20 MHz) will
be within some regulatory rule range -- if it was, we then blindly set
IEEE80211_CHAN_NO_* flags according to the maximum bandwidth allowed,
not according to the fact if such a channel would be within the
regulatory rule range. Example demonstrating behaviour of the reverted
patch: At first we checked if Channel 12 (BW set to 5 MHz) is usable
in US -- it is. Then we continued setting flags -- because the maximum
allowed bandwidth for the band 2402--2472 is 40 MHz, we allowed 20 MHz
operation which is completely wrong since "2467 MHz" (Channel 12) +
"10 MHz" (1/2 of the BW) is no more within the allowed 2402--2472.

Rostislav Lisovy (1):
  Try explicitly bandwidths 5--160 MHz when checking usable channels.

 include/net/cfg80211.h |   8 +-

2.0.0.rc4