Date:	Sat, 12 Jul 2014 03:13:07 +0000
From:	"Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <Elliott@...com>
To:	Joe Lawrence <joe.lawrence@...atus.com>,
	Joe Julian <joe@...ianfamily.org>
CC:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org" <linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org>,
	Sreekanth Reddy <sreekanth.reddy@...gotech.com>,
	Nagalakshmi Nandigama <nagalakshmi.nandigama@...gotech.com>,
	Joe Maloy <joe.maloy@...gotech.com>
Subject: RE: mpt2sas stuck installing

Nagalakshmi was working on an mpt3sas patch for the scsi-mq tree
to do just that.  I don't recall if the patch has made it into the
scsi-mq tree yet. Apparently it's also needed for non-mq and mpt2sas.

It is making this change:
>  	sas_remove_host(shost);
> +	scsi_remove_host(shost);
>  	mpt3sas_base_detach(ioc);
>  	list_del(&ioc->list);
> -	scsi_remove_host(shost);
>  	scsi_host_put(shost);

We are making a similar change in hpsa.  Doing so led to a general
protection fault, which unveiled that we also needed to change
cancel_delayed_work() calls to cancel_delayed_work_sync() to
ensure there are no worker functions still active after the
scsi_host structure is unregistered.