Date:	Wed, 16 Jul 2014 23:21:59 -0500
From:	Bruno Wolff III <bruno@...ff.to>
To:	Dietmar Eggemann <dietmar.eggemann@....com>
Cc:	Josh Boyer <jwboyer@...hat.com>,
	"mingo@...hat.com" <mingo@...hat.com>,
	"peterz@...radead.org" <peterz@...radead.org>,
Subject: Re: Scheduler regression from
 caffcdd8d27ba78730d5540396ce72ad022aff2c

>>>Could you also put the two BUG_ON lines into build_sched_groups()
>>>[kernel/sched/core.c] wo/ the cpumask_clear() and setting
>>>sg->sgc->capacity to 0 and share the possible crash output as well?
>>
>>I can try a new build with this. I can probably get results back tomorrow
>>before I leave for work. The crashes happen too early in the boot process
>>for me to easily capture output as text. I can slow things down to take
>>pictures though.
>>

>That would be helpful. Thanks. I saw that you have CONFIG_SCHED_DEBUG
>enabled.

Well that didn't help much. It still crashed. Taking pictures didn't
get a good capture. I wasn't able to use boot_delay to slow things down,
as even a small value resulted in me only seeing one line of output
before giving up after a minute or two. I used a serial console to
slow things down, but it isn't enough to make it easy to take pictures
with the camera I had. The crash was someplace inside the scheduler, but
I don't know if there were messages from the BUG_ON lines.