Date:	Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:55:01 -0600
From:	Jens Axboe <axboe@...com>
To:	<torvalds@...uxfoundation.org>
CC:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: [GIT PULL] Final block fixes for 3.17

Hi Linus,

This week and last we've been fixing some corner cases related to
blk-mq, mostly. I ended up pulling most of that out of for-linus
yesterday, which is why the branch looks fresh. The rest were postponed
for 3.18.

This pull request contains:

- Fix from Christoph, avoiding a stack overflow when FUA insertion would
  recursive infinitely.

- Fix from David Hildenbrand on races between the timeout handler and
  uninitialized requests. Fixes a real issue that virtio_blk has run
  into.

- A few fixes from me:

        - Ensure that request deadline/timeout is ordered before the
          request is marked as started.

        - A potential oops on out-of-memory, when we scale the queue
          depth of the device and retry.

        - A hang fix on requeue from SCSI, where the hardware queue
          would be stopped when we attempt to re-run it (and hence
          nothing would happen, stalling progress).

        - A fix for commit 2da78092, where the cleanup path was moved
          to RCU, but a debug might_sleep() was inadvertently left in
          the code. This causes warnings for people.

Please pull!

  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git for-linus

for you to fetch changes up to 46f341ffcfb5d8530f7d1e60f3be06cce6661b62:

  genhd: fix leftover might_sleep() in blk_free_devt() (2014-09-22 14:45:45 -0600)

Christoph Hellwig (1):
      blk-mq: avoid infinite recursion with the FUA flag

David Hildenbrand (1):
      blk-mq: Avoid race condition with uninitialized requests

Jens Axboe (4):
      blk-mq: request deadline must be visible before marking rq as started
      blk-mq: fix potential oops on out-of-memory in __blk_mq_alloc_rq_maps()
      blk-mq: use blk_mq_start_hw_queues() when running requeue work
      genhd: fix leftover might_sleep() in blk_free_devt()

 block/blk-exec.c |  1 +
 block/genhd.c    |  2 --

Jens Axboe