Date:	Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:16:41 +0100
From:	Wilmer van der Gaast <wilmer@...st.net>
To:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...ysocki.net>
Cc:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>, bhelgaas@...gle.com,
	rafael.j.wysocki@...el.com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Machine crashes right *after* ~successful resume

Hello Rafael,

Rafael J. Wysocki (rjw@...ysocki.net) wrote:
> > Would it be feasible to revert 2e8b... to see if it fixes it on 3.17?
> That's a merge, isn't it?

Correct, it was, and I did try to figure out which of its parents was
the guilty one, but then I found out the real problem is
928bea964827d7824b548c1f8e06eccbbc4d0d7d.

Not sure why 2e8b... was initially found guilty by git bisect, I fear
that my testing was not thorough enough. I've verified a couple of times
now that 928bea96... does cause crashes and the previous revision does not.

928bea... seems to reshuffle PCI initialisation a little bit and has
caused more troubles, judging from a Google query for it. Some changes
were made already as a result, and this unfortunately makes a revert on
a later kernel tree (to see if that fixes the problem for me) much less
straight-forward. :-(

I can look at the code and see how to revert this now, but I'm
definitely not very proficient outside userland.

Wilmer v/d Gaast.

--
| wilmer : :'  :  gaast.net |  | OSS Programmer   www.bitlbee.org |

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (174 bytes)