Date:	Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:28:20 +0200
From:	Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@...ux-m68k.org>
To:	Al Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>
Cc:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Miklos Szeredi <miklos@...redi.hu>,
	Linux FS Devel <linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux-unionfs@...r.kernel.org,
	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] overlay filesystem v25

Hi Al,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:24 AM, Al Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 03:20:55AM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
>> Why the hell do you hold ->i_mutex across the entire opening of underlying
>> directory?  All you need is to serialize one assignment; the side that loses
>> the race will simply fput() what it opened...
>>
>> Oh, well - that goes under "weird pessimisations, easy to fix in followups"...
>
> OK, pulled into vfs.git, followups in question added.  Also there: fix for
> a long-standing leak in d_splice_alias() failure exits.  Guys, could you
> check that current vfs.git#for-linus survives your local tests?  Seems to
> survive here; if I don't hear of any problems by tomorrow morning, to Linus
> it goes...  FWIW, for that pull request stats would be

I think you forgot to merge your for-linus branch into for-next?

Anyway, as Stephen announced there will be no linux-next release
today, I'm afraid you'll have to delay your pull request to Tuesday.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert@...ux-m68k.org