Date:	Tue, 25 Nov 2014 07:24:02 +0100
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>
To:	nick <xerofoify@...il.com>
Cc:	tglx@...utronix.de, mingo@...hat.com, hpa@...or.com,
	dave.hansen@...ux.intel.com, bp@...e.de, x86@...nel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Obsolete Fix Me in main.c due to not included header file

* nick <xerofoify@...il.com> wrote:

> Greeting Thomas and other maintainers, I am wondering why we
> still need a fix me for including types.h,as this seems correct
> and good according to my reading of the other header files this
> file needs to function. Nick

So your first few mails were OK, but now you are coming close to
a dozen emails in my mbox alone, and the thing is, there's over
4,000 FIXME's in the kernel source:

  comet:~/tip> git grep -i FIXME | wc -l
  4415

These FIXME's are there to warn active developers about issues to
work on - and they generally get removed when that code gets
fixed or changes later on, typically without generating any
separate commit. (Sometimes they don't get removed for a longer
time - there's not much harm as eventually they will be removed.)

In other words: please stop this stream of mostly pointless
emails! Instead of generating 4,000+ additional emails, please
try to find some real bug to work on?

Thanks,

	Ingo