Date:	Thu, 18 Dec 2014 16:05:01 +0200
From:	Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@...com>
To:	nick <xerofoify@...il.com>
CC:	Lucas Stach <l.stach@...gutronix.de>,
	Krzysztof Kozłowski
	<k.kozlowski@...sung.com>, <inki.dae@...sung.com>,
	<linux-fbdev@...r.kernel.org>, <linux-samsung-soc@...r.kernel.org>,
	<dh09.lee@...sung.com>, <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	<kyungmin.park@...sung.com>, <kgene@...nel.org>,
	<plagnioj@...osoft.com>, <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>
Subject: Re: Weird/Unneeded call to msleep in exynos_mipi_dsi_wr_data in exynos_mipi_dsi_common.c

On 18/12/14 15:48, nick wrote:
> Lucas,
> That's fair do you known of anyone who does have the hardware so we can test my patch. If you do then we can get this fixed rather
> easily.
> Cheers Nick
>
> On 2014-12-18 08:39 AM, Lucas Stach wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag, den 18.12.2014, 08:35 -0500 schrieb nick:
>>> Krzysztof,
>>> If we look at the code for this function, it already is handling the data correctly. In addition  the locks
>>> seem to be better protection then msleep. Further more is no reason for this delay as we are neither resetting
>>> the hardware or waiting for the hardware here so why is it needed? I don't have Exynos based hardware lying
>>> around through to test it.
>>
>> If you can't test it, don't touch it. It's that simple.

There seems to be multiple msleep(20)s in exynos_mipi_dsi_common.c, a
few with /* FIXME */ and a few without any comments. Looks like bad (but
relatively harmless) code to me, but as Lucas said, if you can't test
it, don't touch it.

 Tomi

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)