Date:	Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:06:54 +0800
From:	ivo welch <ivo.welch@...il.com>
To:	Eric Paris <eparis@...hat.com>
Cc:	Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk@....de>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: fanotify bug on gdb -- hard crash

thank you, eric.  will do.  I read up on it above and now understand it better.

the example in the man page seems somewhat misfortunate.  I would use
an example that does not, by default, lock up the user system.
(perhaps add a second example with the _PERM feature that shows how it
responds.)

regards,

/iaw

----
Ivo Welch (ivo.welch@...il.com)
http://www.ivo-welch.info/
J. Fred Weston Professor of Finance
Anderson School at UCLA, C519
Director, UCLA Anderson Fink Center for Finance and Investments
Free Finance Textbook, http://book.ivo-welch.info/
Editor, Critical Finance Review, http://www.critical-finance-review.org/