Date:	Fri, 2 Jan 2015 08:59:52 -0800
From:	rh_ <richard_hubbe11@...abit.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: apparent loss of continuity in kernel .config?

On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 18:43:03 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett@...v.com> wrote:

> IMO that is NOT how its supposed to work.  So I guess I'll waste a

I agree.

> tree and print a working  3.16.0 & use that to build a new one. I do
> not believe it even makes an attempt to read the old one, but simply
> goes wandering in the vineyard, making frequent stops to recycle the
> barrel sampling.

I used to try to make it work but I usually give up and stick with
the config that works. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong. My laptop works
fine though. But it wasn't easy building a static kernel for it.

> Indeed, but it no doubt will take quite a few boxes.  The funny thing

Probably true.

> lots of people find hard to believe is that Ed wrote that in about
> 1940.  His long view obviously started before mine as mine didn't
> start will late in '34.  It took me till the middle 60's to decide
> its broken.  And every libtard fix breaks it worse...

Smedley Butler and lots of others knew a long time ago too.
G.E. Griffin and friends have lots to say.

The long-con is always hard to see.

> Thanks & lets hope 2015 is a better year.

Can do.