Date:	Fri, 06 Feb 2015 20:56:09 +0100
From:	Tim Tassonis <stuff@...entral.ch>
To:	Richard Weinberger <richard.weinberger@...il.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, xerofoify@...il.com
Subject: Re: [BUG] Kernel Panic in squashfs

> On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Tim Tassonis <stuff@...entral.ch> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>

>> Just found out that squashfs panics when compiled in statically instead of
>> as a module, when mounting an sqf file. The sequence I did was:
>>

>> # mkdir /mnt/gaia-ro
>>
>> # mount /gaiarule.sqf  /mnt/gaia-ro -t squashfs -o loop
>>
>> Maybe it is of importance that the sqf file is located in the initramfs. The
>> kernel was panicking reliably with different sqf files, on different
>> hardware upon the mount command, with "unable to handle kernel paging
>> request". This was on 3.18.5. As soon as I compiled squashfs as a modules,
>> the problem went away.
>>
>> If you need further details, please cc me directly, as I unsubscribed from
>> the list due to not being able to handle the massive load.
>
> What about sharing the actual kernel panic? :-)

Well, I was trying to reproduce it. Upgraded to 3.18.6, built the kernel
with static squashfs, and now it doesn't panic anymore.

Guess some fixes for 3.18.6 fixed this too. If somebody really, really
cares, I could go through the whole procedure again with 3.18.6, but I
guess, as it's gone now, this would be rather academeic.

Bye
Tim