Date:	Mon, 09 Feb 2015 10:47:43 +0100
From:	Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@...onical.com>
To:	Sander Eikelenboom <linux@...elenboom.it>,
	Jiang Liu <jiang.liu@...ux.intel.com>
CC:	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...hat.com>,
	Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@...cle.com>,
	David Vrabel <david.vrabel@...rix.com>,
	Tony Luck <tony.luck@...el.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-pci@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Bugfix 0/3] Xen IRQ related hotfixes for v3.19

On 05.02.2015 21:07, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:

> Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 3:21:04 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>         This patch set includes three hotfixes related Xen IRQ for v3.19.
>> Sorry for the long delay to get these two regressions fixed, it really
>> cost me some time to read and understand Xen IRQ code.
>
>> Patch 1 fixes the failure to register ACPI SCI interrupt on Xen
>> domain0 by reworking acpi_gsi_to_irq(). I will backport it to v3.18
>> too once it reaches the mainstream kernel.
>
>> Patch 2 fixes the regression in Xen PCI device passthrough(pciback).
>> It's a temporary solution, I will send the formal fix for v3.20 and
>> it has passed tests too.
>
>> Patch 3 fixes an issue found when reading code. There's no real bug
>> reports related to this issue yet.
>
>> Great thanks to Konrad and Sander for testing fixes for these regressions.
>
>> Regards,
>> Gerry
>
> Hi Gerry,
>
> Since these patches now are: tested, reviewed and have landed into mainline,
> could you also provide the backports for 3.17 and 3.18 where required ?

This would be my attempt of backporting those to 3.18 (I have not tried whether
they would apply to 3.17 as well). Those seem to work when test-booting and
Sander said he will give them a try as well. But better check yourself I did not
mess anything up while backporting. One of the three patches seemed not to be
required at all.

-Stefan

> The number of people running into these (subtle) issues with these stable
> kernels seems to be steadily increasing.
>
> --
> Sander
>
>> Jiang Liu (3):
>>   xen/pci: Kill function xen_setup_acpi_sci()
>>   xen/irq, ACPI: Fix regression in xen PCI passthrough caused by
>>     cffe0a2b5a34
>>   xen/irq: Override ACPI IRQ management callback __acpi_unregister_gsi
>
>>  arch/x86/include/asm/acpi.h |    1 +
>>  arch/x86/kernel/acpi/boot.c |   26 +++++++++++------------
>>  drivers/acpi/pci_irq.c      |    1 -

View attachment "0001-x86-xen-Treat-SCI-interrupt-as-normal-GSI-interrupt.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (5203 bytes)

View attachment "0002-x86-xen-Override-ACPI-IRQ-management-callback-__acpi.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (2334 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)