Date:	Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:32:59 +0530
From:	niyas mydeen <aniyas15@...il.com>
To:	Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@...rix.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net>,
	Hideaki YOSHIFUJI <yoshfuji@...ux-ipv6.org>,
	James Morris <jmorris@...ei.org>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, xen-devel@...ts.xensource.com,
	Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@....inr.ac.ru>
Subject: GARP Issue

Hi All,

I am working custom platform based on x86_64 running 3.10 kernel,
Recently I found an issue related to GARP. It seems like  no GARP
packets are being sent out when an Interface is made up. But I also
noticed that only when I use "arping" tool only then it sends out any
GARP packet.

I also try setting the net variable "arp_notify" then I see the
arp_send() function is being called after that I am unable to track
further.

Could you please help me, what could be issue, Is it a valid
expectation that during interface up the linux kernel should send out
GARP packet? If so, am I missing any kernel configuration related to
it?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
A.Mydeen.