Date:	Wed, 25 Feb 2015 18:10:08 +0100
From:	Stefan Hengelein <stefan.hengelein@....de>
To:	tony@...mide.com, linux@....linux.org.uk,
	linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org, linux-omap@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Subject: Dead Kconfig Option OMAP4_ERRATA_I688

During the research for my masters thesis i came across the
OMAP4_ERRATA_I688 option and realized, it is never possible to enable
this option.

The a62a6e98 commit added the "&& !ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM" dependency to
disable this option for multiplatforms. However, because of enclosing
dependencies, this option isn't available for non-MULTIPLATFORM
configurations either.

CONFIG_OMAP4_ERRATA_I688 is defined in the menu "TI OMAP/AM/DM/DRA
Family" which depends on ARCH_MULTI_V6 || ARCH_MULTI_V7. (in
arch/arm/mach-omap2/Kconfig)

ARCH_MULTI_V6 and ARCH_MULTI_V7 however are defined in the menu
"Multiple platform selection" which depends on ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM (in
arch/arm/Kconfig)

Which is a contradiction.

There are no selects on OMAP4_ERRATA_I688, which would ignore
dependencies, either.

The question is:
Was disabling this option for non-MULTIPLATFORM configurations also intentional?

i have added a minimal example of the problem.

Download attachment "Kconfig.minimal" of type "application/octet-stream" (955 bytes)