Date:	Fri, 8 May 2015 17:27:26 +0900
From:	Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@...ionext.com>
To:	linux-serial@...r.kernel.org
Subject: How to use CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_SHARE_IRQ with device tree ?

Hello, experts.

I am porting my board support for the latest kernel.

The 16550 UART device on my board (ARM architecture)
shares an IRQ line with an ethernet device.

With both devices enabled, I got an error message like this:

genirq:  Flags mismatch irq 18.  00000080 (serial) vs. 00000084 (eth0)

I am working on Linux 4.0 with device tree configuration.

Is there any solution?

When I used an old kernel with a board file,
I could use CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_SHARE_IRQ.

I gave it a try on the latest kernel, but it looked like no effect for me.

As I use device tree configuration, the UART is initialized
via drivers/tty/serial/of_serial.c

If CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_SHARE_IRQ is on, IRQF_SHARED is set
in serial8250_probe(), but this function is only for
pre-device-tree old boards, I think.

Is CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_SHARE_IRQ no longer supported
for DTS-configured boards?

Any hint is appreciated.

--
Best Regards