Date:	Tue, 9 Jun 2015 16:17:23 +0200
From:	Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@...-lyon.org>
To:	Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>
Cc:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>,
	Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@...il.com>,
	linux-input@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	rpurdie@...ys.net, Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
	514464@...s.debian.org, anton@....bas.bg
Subject: Re: caps lock led does not show up

Hello,

Dmitry Torokhov, le Mon 08 Jun 2015 14:43:07 -0700, a écrit :
> If user wants all keyboards to light up CapsLock LED when VT state locks
> CtrlL modifier they need to write a udev rule or similar to set up
> "kbd-ctrlllock" trigger for all appearing "input%::capslock" LED class
> devices.

Anton, this is the interface proposed by the input maintainer, Dmitry,
to change which modifiers gets to light the keyboard LEDs (the exact
names may change, but the principle should be firm).  I know this is
inconvenient for console-setup for handling hotplugged keyboards, but
Dmitry prefers to avoid introducing a virtual multiplexer as explained
below:

> Having such virtual multiplexing object just adds complexity and is
> hard to untange (see /dev/input/mice and all the issues we had with
> synaptics driver trying to exclude it's data stream from it).

Samuel