Date:	Tue, 09 Jun 2015 20:10:10 -0700
From:	Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@...ma.Stanford.EDU>
To:	pavel@...linux.ru,
	Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@...ma.Stanford.EDU>,
	Clark Williams <williams@...hat.com>,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>
CC:	Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <bigeasy@...utronix.de>,
	linux-rt-users <linux-rt-users@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	John Kacur <jkacur@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] 4.0.4-rt1

On 06/09/2015 03:05 PM, Pavel Vasilyev wrote:
> 09.06.2015 19:45, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano пишет:
>
>> This is still happening, about once a day. John Dulaney help me set up a
>> crash kernel dump (thanks!) so now I have a kernel core dump for this
>> one,
>
> Asus,Fedora,CGROUPS, iptables,snd_ac97,radeon,raid1,kvm - this realtime
> system? :D

:-P

Yup. I have been using rt for many years - and packaging it - for (very)
low latency sound processing. Linux + rt + jackd + rtirq + threaded irqs
+ jack clients, everything with the right priorities. Runs very nicely
unless you hit an issue like the one I'm asking about[*]. Usually
running snd_hdspm with RME hardware when in concert situations (this one
with Asus mobo is my - quite old by now - desktop at work, but I'm also
having the same problem in my Lenovo laptop).

-- Fernando

[*] for example a whole concert for a 24.8 3D sound system with a remote
ethernet driven D/A and running all the time with 64 frame x 2 buffers
at 48KHz.