Date:	Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:05:15 +0200
From:	Jean Delvare <jdelvare@...e.de>
To:	Kashyap Desai <kashyap.desai@...gotech.com>
Cc:	Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@...gle.com>,
	"Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@...too.org>,
	Adam Radford <aradford@...il.com>,
	Neela Syam Kolli <megaraidlinux@....com>,
	linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org, arkadiusz.bubala@...n-e.com,
	Matthew Garrett <matthew.garrett@...ula.com>,
	Sumit Saxena <sumit.saxena@...gotech.com>,
	Uday Lingala <uday.lingala@...gotech.com>,
	"PDL,MEGARAIDLINUX" <megaraidlinux.pdl@...gotech.com>,
	linux-pci@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Myron Stowe <myron.stowe@...hat.com>
Subject: RE: megaraid_sas: "FW in FAULT state!!", how to get more debug
 output? [BKO63661]

Hi Kashyap,

Le Tuesday 07 July 2015 à 14:48 +0530, Kashyap Desai a écrit :
> [...]

For the record I was able to backport the patch by myself to SLES 11
SP3, it's currently under testing by the customer.

> Thanks for confirmation. Whatever patch I submitted to you, we have added
> recently (as part of common interface approach to do chip reset at load
> time). We will be submitting that patch to mainline soon.

I am about to commit the patch that was successfully tested by the
customer on SLES 12, but I'm a bit confused. The upstream patch you
referred to is:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=6431f5d7c6025f8b007af06ea090de308f7e6881
[SCSI] megaraid_sas: megaraid_sas driver init fails in kdump kernel

But the patch I used is the one you sent by e-mail on May 28th. It is
completely different!

So what am I supposed to do? Use the patch you sent (and that was tested
by the customer) for SLES 11 SP3 and SLES 12? Or was it just for testing
and the proper way of fixing the problem would be to backport the
upstream commit?

Please advise,
--
Jean Delvare