Date:	Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:08:50 +0300
From:	Alexander <alexhoppus111@...il.com>
To:	yalin wang <yalin.wang2010@...il.com>
Cc:	Arun KS <arunks.linux@...il.com>,
	Arun KS <getarunks@...il.com>
Subject: Re: Why linux console designed to work in polling mode?

Hi. Thanks for respond.
Don't understand how this affects described logic (deferred printk).
Suppose you put bytes to UART FIFO in console_unlock() until you can,
after this up_console_sem and move forward. In UART interrupt you will
do the same thing: get char from log_buf, put into UART FIFO until it
will be full then break. How the fact that printk could be called from any context
interfere this? Other way round, this logic will eliminate busyloop
and decrease printk time significantly (including printk in interrupts etc)
> it is not easy to implement in a context that you can’t call any sleep function.
Deferred printing is done in UART interrupt, there is no need to sleep anywhere ...

--
Alexander <alexhoppus111@...il.com>