Date:	Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:31:24 +0200
From:	"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@...c4.com>
To:	Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Dan Carpenter <dan.carpenter@...cle.com>,
	devel@...verdev.osuosl.org,
	Shigekatsu Tateno <shigekatsu.tateno@...el.com>,
	rupesh.gujare@...el.com
Subject: Ozwpan Driver: Removal Recommended

Hi Greg,

We spoke about this several months ago. Since then, there has been no
life from any of the maintainers or anybody at Atmel. Meanwhile Dan
Carpenter has posted a patch for a security vulnerability in ozwpan
that hasn't been reviewed or merged. There is nobody willing to
maintain it. And nobody who has relevant hardware has even said
"hello". All of my connections to ozwpan have yielded zero success in
trying to find a maintainer or anybody with even remote expertise.
Clearly this is dead in the water.

I would thus recommend you remove this buggy, insecure, and
unmaintained driver from the tree. It simply didn't pass the "staging
test".

Regards,
Jason