Date:	Tue, 8 Sep 2015 12:40:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:	Bob Peterson <rpeterso@...hat.com>
To:	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org
Cc:	cluster-devel <cluster-devel@...hat.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: GFS2 pull request for this merge window delayed a couple days

Hi,

I just wanted to give everyone (especially Linus) a heads-up on this.
I've been collecting patches for the GFS2 file system's for-next
branch. The biggest change this time revolves around allowing GFS2
to use rhashtable for its glocks, providing far greater scalability.

Since the patch was posted to cluster-devel, various people (especially
Andreas G) posted a few small correction and cleanup patches. Rather than
giving Linus a big pile of messy patches, I opted to combine them into
one proper patch (doing things "the right way") plus the other five patches
I had already queued. Unfortunately, this was all done just as Stephen
Rothwell sent out his email not to push any more patches to linux-next,
which left me in limbo. I asked Stephen his advice, and based on that,
we decided to:

1. Push the "proper" patch set to for-next today.
2. Give linux-next two days to settle with the six new patches.
3. Then send the formal request to pull the patches for the merge window.

I just wanted to let everyone know why our patch pull request is delayed.

BTW, this six-patch set has already been posted to cluster-devel for
review and been signed off last Wednesday. All of them are pretty much
confined to GFS2 (except for new calls to rhashtable functions) so
hopefully this is just a formality. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
GFS2 Maintainer