Date:	Tue, 29 Sep 2015 21:59:51 +0300
From:	Andrey Utkin <andrey.utkin@...p.bluecherry.net>
To:	"kernel-mentors@...enic.com" <kernel-mentors@...enic.com>,
	Linux Media <linux-media@...r.kernel.org>,
	Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@...all.nl>, m.chehab@...sung.com,
	khalasa <khalasa@...p.pl>
Subject: H264 headers generation for driver

This is a new chapter of tw5864 video grabber & encoder driver
development drama.
Last state of code is here (tw5864 branch, drivers/staging/media/tw5864):
https://github.com/bluecherrydvr/linux/tree/tw5864/drivers/staging/media/tw5864

Currently I use a third-side LGPL library for H.264 headers generation
- SPS, PPS and slice headers (because device doesn't generate them).
It is included as a git submodule "h264bitstream". It is used from
tw5864-h264.c .
Of course we want our driver to get to upstream repository when it
matures enough, that's why we want to ask for advice regarding this.
I see that there is no similar case in upstream kernel repo - no
submodules and no libraries for H264 bitstreams.
Device datasheet
(http://lizard.bluecherry.net/~autkin/tw5864/tw5864b1-ds.pdf , page
47) shows that there's almost no variety of modes, so minimally an
implementation of bitstream writing functions ue() and se() will
suffice.
I guess that one acceptable way is to pre-generate all headers for all
needed cases and ship them inlined; for correctness checking purpose,
it is possible to ship also a script or additional source code file
which is able to generate same headers.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance for any kind reply.

--