Date:	Fri, 02 Oct 2015 16:53:42 +0600
From:	Мисбах-Соловьёв Вадим <mva@....name>
To:	gregkh@...uxfoundation.org, daniel@...que.org,
	dh.herrmann@...glemail.com, tixxdz@...ndz.org
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: KDBUS and freezing of DBUS-querying applications

Hello!
I'm experiencing a strange issue, when using KDBUS, but I don't know how to
properly report it and which info I should proide in addition to th one below.

In short, some userspace applications I'm using are freezing for about a
minute or so, when thy trying to query system bus.

Mostly it hurts me (in my daily workflow) when I trying to open some network
resource with kde-open5 (or even target application), because KF5 seavily
depends on DBUS.

But some time ago I even experienced this with "sudo", and even when I tried
to query system bus with qdbusviwer, it freezed too.

It is pretty hard to trace entire KF5, but talking about issue with sudo, when
I straced it, I saw frreze on the:

> ppol(fd=9, ...

syscall

and when I looked in lsof, I noticed that fd9 is /sys/fs/kdbus/0-system/bus.

KF5 things also freezing on sending queries to dbus, but I just can't get
exactly application that freezing (although, if I just open http-links in
konsole kpart in either yakuake, konsole or kdevelop — any of them also
freezing on kdbus fd).

To be honest, I'm not traced qdbusviewer, but I'm pretty sure it will show the
same.

When I recompiling kernel without KDBUS (or move the module somewhere, so that
SystemD can't autoload it), all that userspace things starting to work like a
charm, without a freezes and timeouts.

When I enable KDBUS back (either as module or by compile it in the monolithic
kernel), all the things reproduces again.

I'm tried with both SystemD-216 and SystemD-226.

P.S. I'll be happy to provide any additional info if you'll ask me.

--
Best regards,
mva