Date:	Tue, 3 Nov 2015 18:14:06 -0800
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>,
	Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@...llo.nl>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] x86/apic changes for v4.4

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:32 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org> wrote:

> Please pull the latest x86-apic-for-linus git tree from:

Side note, I have an *old* patch that I think simplifies the
(reasonably common) case of sending IPI's to individual CPU's. That's
done by the "reschedule ipi" in particular.

That's something that is trivially done on the x2apic, but that the
mask-based interfaces makes insanely complicated.

I have *not* rebased this on top of modern kernels so it may not
actually work as a patch any more, because I'm just sending this out
as a "Hmm, what do you guys think" rather than a real submission.

Comments?

                Linus

View attachment "0001-x86-add-a-single-target-IPI-function-to-the-apic.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (3305 bytes)