Date:	Wed, 11 Nov 2015 17:47:50 +0800
From:	Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@...e.org>
To:	Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@...ionext.com>
Cc:	linux-clk <linux-clk@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux-arm-kernel <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
Subject: Re: How to implement common clk in multi function controller?

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Masahiro Yamada
<yamada.masahiro@...ionext.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am implementing clk and reset drivers for my SoCs.
> (drivers/clk/uniphier/* and drivers/reset/uniphier/*)
>

> In my SoCs, one hardware block contains various
> registers for both clock and reset controlling.
> (so, it is like a MFD system controller device).
> I think it is a common case.

sunxi uses a "instance per register" design, that is each
register corresponds to one (or more, in rare cases) clock
or reset control. Each will get a separate device node in
the DT.

For registers that have both clocks and resets, they are
combined in a single driver if it makes sense (for example
serving the same set of peripherals).

See drivers/clk/sunxi/clk-usb.c for such a driver.

Regards
ChenYu