Date:	Sun, 22 Nov 2015 07:51:40 +0100
From:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
To:	Charles Keepax <ckeepax@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc:	Mark Brown <broonie@...nel.org>, sameo@...ux.intel.com,
	lee.jones@...aro.org, lgirdwood@...il.com, perex@...ex.cz,
	tiwai@...e.de, patches@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com,
	alsa-devel@...a-project.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: multi-codec support for arizona-ldo1 was Re: System with
 multiple arizona (wm5102) codecs

On Mon 2015-11-16 14:11:42, Charles Keepax wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 10:16:33PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > HiOn Sat 2015-11-14 18:49:40, Mark Brown wrote:

> > > OK, that'll be the problem then - we're not mapping the supply into the
> > > individual child device but rather system wide, probably because that
> > > mapping is being done too early, before we've actually created the
> > > device.
> >
> > Take a look at mfd_add_device(). Yes, we do
> > regulator_bulk_register_supply_alias() before doing
> > platform_device_add().

> > > That's fine because all supplies should be namespaced with a device.
> > > The goal is to say "Supply X on device Y" (we do support exceptions for
> > > the few cases where there are not yet any devices involved but this
> > > clearly isn't one of them).
>
> Indeed that should be the case.
>

> > Well, clearly someone should tell that to wm5102
> > maintainers. Hmm. It looks like driver is marked supported but there
> > are no names attached?
> >
> > WOLFSON MICROELECTRONICS DRIVERS
> > L:      patches@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com
> > T:      git git://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/linux-2.6-asoc
> > T:      git git://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/linux-2.6-audioplus
> > W:
> > http://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/content/linux-drivers-wolfson-device\
> > S:      Supported
> >
> > I guess Charles Keepax should be listed there?
>
> The patches mailing list functions as maintainer here. That way
> anyone who works on upstream Linux stuff here will see the email
> so you have more chance of someone replying. Also convient for
> when people leave the company etc. makes for an easy transition.
> I am afraid though that as in this case you are not always going
> to get a reply over the weekend.

Well.. maintainer is a responsible person. Yes, you can list a mailing
list in maintainers file.. but mailing list is not going to be
responsible for that.

Having a real name of person helps; if your name was listed there, I'd
know you (are supposed to be) authoritative person for this.

I see it will need to be updated from time to time, but having name
really helps.

Thanks,
									Pavel