Date:	Mon, 14 Dec 2015 13:07:31 +0100
From:	NITU Vlad <vlad.nitu@....enseeiht.fr>
To:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Possible bug in call_usermodehelper

Hello all,

I'm trying to execute a user-space binary from a IRQ context so I
started form this module which execute the reboot command. If I adapt
this code to execute command with parameters I see that it silently
fail. I specify that I use 3.12.47 kernel version. When I started
digging into the kernel I figured out that __call_usermodehelper(struct
work_struct *work) try to retrieve back the subprocess_info structure
using

struct subprocess_info *sub_info = container_of(work, struct
subprocess_info, work);

I think that there is a problem with this retrieving because
sub_info->argv now contains weird values:

    argv and envp in my module:

      argv[0] = "/usr/local/sbin/xl";
      argv[1] = "migrate";
      argv[2] = "ubuntu";
      argv[3] = "192.168.0.230";
      envp[0] = "HOME=/";
      envp[1] = "PWD=/";
      envp[2] = "PATH=/usr/local/sbin/xl";
      envp[3] = NULL;

    argv and envp in __call_usermodehelper

      argv[0] =
\xffffff90\xffffff9e.\x02\x02\xffffff88\xffffffff\xffffffff\xffffff90\xffffff9e.\x02\x02\xffffff88\xffffffff\xffffffff\xffffff80\xffffffbc\n\t"\x02\xffffff88\xffffffff\xffffffff
      the others have similar values to argv[0]

Best regards,
Nitu Vlad-Tiberiu