Date:	Fri, 8 Jan 2016 10:01:24 -0800
From:	Stephane Eranian <eranian@...gle.com>
To:	Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@...nel.org>
Cc:	Namhyung Kim <namhyung@...il.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Jiri Olsa <jolsa@...nel.org>,
	Namhyung Kim <namhyung@...nel.org>,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>,
	Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@...el.com>,
	"ak@...ux.intel.com" <ak@...ux.intel.com>
Subject: Re: [RFC] perf record: missing buildid for callstack modules

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
<acme@...nel.org> wrote:
> Em Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 07:47:03AM +0900, Namhyung Kim escreveu:
>> On January 8, 2016 7:00:35 AM GMT+09:00, Stephane Eranian <eranian@...gle.com> wrote:

>> >does this, it
>> >callstack.
>> >executed,

>> >end of the
>> >scenarios.

>> >I agree, not the default.
>>
>> Hi Stephane,
>>
>> Please see
>>
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/3/22/249
>

> Oops, Stephane, please try this, so that we can finally merge it :-\

I will try it today. However, I am a bit worried about the performance
impact. Unless I am missing something in this approach we may end up
looking up N times the same module if it appears in N callstacks. In
Andi's suggested approach, there would be only one pass at the beginning
(or the end of the run). But you could miss some modules if they are gone
by the time you run the pass.