Date:	Tue, 2 Feb 2016 05:34:49 +0100
From:	Sebastian Reichel <sre@...nel.org>
To:	Ross Green <rgkernel@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-omap@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: linux-4.5-rc1 TI pandboard-es wifi wlcore locks and reset

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 11:38:38PM +1100, Ross Green wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Ross Green <rgkernel@...il.com> wrote:
> > Just tried the new kernel release on faithful pandaboard es with the
> > new 4.5-rc1 release.
> >
> > There is a problem with the wifi modules once the modules are loaded.
> > Looks like the wifi firmware gets loaded put no response after that
> > causing recovery action.
> >
> > the kernel 4.4 works quite happily with this board.
> >
> > Here is a dmesg dump in the attachment.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas here?
>
> Just updated to the latest linux-4.5-rc2 and same result as rc1.
>
> The wireless module loads firmware and then stalls causing a reset of
> the device and then continues to go through a stall and reset cycle.
>
> please find enclosed a copy of the dmesg output.
>
> Is there anyone else testing a pandaboard with linux-4.5-rc2?
>
> Just for completeness also tested the latest linux-4.4.1 kernel and
> found no problems with the wireless modules.

I can see the same problem with Nokia N950 (which uses spi connected
wl1271). v4.4 + wl12xx spi DT patches from Uri Mashiach worked, v4.5
 + the same patches does not work. I currently suspect 133b7326e960
or 3719c17e1816 to be the culprit. I have not yet verified it, though.

Have you tried to bisect the problem?

-- Sebastian

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)