Date:	Thu, 4 Feb 2016 13:51:16 +0200
From:	Nikolay Borisov <kernel@...p.com>
To:	Mike Galbraith <umgwanakikbuti@...il.com>,
	"Linux-Kernel@...r. Kernel. Org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:	Jiri Slaby <jslaby@...e.cz>, Oleg Nesterov <oleg@...hat.com>,
	tglx@...utronix.de,
	SiteGround Operations <operations@...eground.com>
Subject: Re: crash in 3.12.51 (likely in 3.12.52 as well) in timer code

On 02/04/2016 01:32 PM, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-02-03 at 12:58 +0200, Nikolay Borisov wrote:
>>
>> So in this case the prev/next entries do not look like corrupted, whereas
>> when manipulating the list inside detach_timer they do. This is really
>> odd, any ideas how to further debug this?
>
> Suspiciously similar to https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/2/4/247

Right, I've been cursory following this thread but I was left with the
impression this only occurs on machines where the CPU can go offline,
currently the server on which this happened should never offline any of
its CPUs since the power management is disabled (though I will have to
double check this).

On a different note - is there a way to safely reproduce this so I can
test the suggested fix by Thomas?