Date:	Sun, 21 Feb 2016 16:04:50 +1100
From:	Ross Green <rgkernel@...il.com>
To:	Paul McKenney <paulmck@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
Cc:	John Stultz <john.stultz@...aro.org>,
	Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@...icios.com>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>,
	Lai Jiangshan <jiangshanlai@...il.com>, dipankar@...ibm.com,
	Josh Triplett <josh@...htriplett.org>,
	rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
	David Howells <dhowells@...hat.com>,
	Eric Dumazet <edumazet@...gle.com>,
	Darren Hart <dvhart@...ux.intel.com>,
	Frédéric Weisbecker <fweisbec@...il.com>,
	Oleg Nesterov <oleg@...hat.com>,
	pranith kumar <bobby.prani@...il.com>
Subject: Re: rcu_preempt self-detected stall on CPU from 4.5-rc3, since 3.17

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Paul E. McKenney
<paulmck@...ux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 03:34:30PM +1100, Ross Green wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 4:33 AM, Paul E. McKenney
>> <paulmck@...ux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

>> > Excellent point -- timekeeping issues have caused this sort of issue
>> > in the past.
>> >
>> > Ross, on your next test, could you please enable CONFIG_DEBUG_TIMEKEEPING
>> > as John suggests?
>> >
>> >                                                         Thanx, Paul
>> >
>> As John has suggested have already enabled CONFIG_DEBUG_TIMEKEEPING.
>>
>> So far just on 1 day running.
>>
>> Sigh...!! Nothing to report as yet, only one day on the clock.
>> Its like watching grass grow!
>
> I hear you!  Though I was thinking in terms of watching paint dry...
>
>                                                         Thanx, Paul

Yes,

but with paint drying there is an end point!
Grass just keeps on growing ...

More like the children in the back of the car ...
Are we there yet? ...

Well still nothing .. to report. I have just built a 4.5-rc5, but will
wait till I get some outcome from the previous test. That can't be too
much longer!

In hope,

Ross Green