Date:	Sat, 12 Mar 2016 00:24:21 -0900
From:	Kent Overstreet <kent.overstreet@...il.com>
To:	Ming Lei <tom.leiming@...il.com>
Cc:	Ming Lin <mlin@...nel.org>, Jens Axboe <axboe@...nel.dk>,
Subject: Re: e827091cb1 "block: merge: get the 1st and last bvec via helpers"
 broken

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 04:49:41PM +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Kent Overstreet
> <kent.overstreet@...il.com> wrote:
> > I don't know exactly how it's broken, but with that patch segment counting is
> > broken - I'm seeing blk_rq_map_sg() overrun the end of the sgtable.
> >
> > I suggest reverting it for 4.5...
>
> Kent, could you share your test case? I'd like to figure out the root cause.

xfstest 036 on bcachefs.

> BTW, I don't object to revert it given it is close to v4.5 release, but I am
> curious how it breaks segment couting.

If you want to debug your version (personally I'd just revert to the simpler
one), I'd start by having your helper use both methods to calculate the last
biovec, and then assert that they're equal.

Also make sure you're testing with a sub-page sized blocksize, if filesystem
blocksize == page size you're not going to be testing the interesting cases