Date:	Thu, 12 May 2016 08:33:16 +0300
From:	Max Kanushin <rextuz@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	jmoyer@...hat.com
Subject: Re: Question about request queues in I/O scheduling

Hello,

I was trying to use spin_trylock(q->queue_lock) on several queues when
q->nr_sorted exceeds the per-defined number to block them and unlock the
them later with spin_unlock(q->queue_lock), but I have faced the
following problem: my system freezes when I am trying to test it by
moving files around in my system. I thought it might be caused by
blocking a queue of a system partition or swap, but I do not know how to
check this as well.
Is it the right way to stop the queue/elevator? What are freezes might
be caused by? Is there a simple way to find out which block device is a
queue belong to?
I would really appreciate your reply.

Best regards,
   Max Kanushin.