Date:	Sat, 13 Aug 2016 23:15:22 +0200
From:	SF Markus Elfring <elfring@...rs.sourceforge.net>
To:	Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Cc:	Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>, devel@...verdev.osuosl.org,
	Wolfram Sang <wsa@...-dreams.de>,
	kernel-janitors@...r.kernel.org,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@...6.fr>,
	Jean Delvare <jdelvare@...e.de>
Subject: Re: staging: ks7010: Replace three printk() calls by pr_err()

> Really now, this is basic fixes and cleanups,

I agree to this view to some degree.

> you have been asked many times in the past to move on beyond these,

It is more useful when more severe bugs or bigger software improvements can be found.
Which source code clean-ups are picked better up by other contributors?

> as you often times seem to end up wasting lots of people's times
> as they attempt to help you.

It can take a bit more time occasionally to achieve the desired consensus.

> Personally, I'm long past wishing to help you out here, sorry.

Other contributors will eventually continue the clarification of remaining
open issues in the source file "ks7010_sdio.c".

> I'll take "correct" patches, but that's it.  No discussion of them, no
> arguing over theoreticals, and no telling you what I might, or might
> not, want to see done in the future, sorry.

I became aware about software development possibilities which can also
matter here.
Yesterday Julia Lawall informed me about a presentation on the topic
"Refactor strings – make everyone happy" by Wolfram Sang on 2016-07-14.

Is such a software evolution also interesting and acceptable for you?

> And really, your patch quality stinks, I strongly suggest getting a lot
> more experience with C first before doing more kernel work please.

Can you accept any specific update steps while other software changes
will evolve after a bit of discussion as usual?

Regards,
Markus