Date:	Thu, 18 Aug 2016 17:54:57 +0530
From:	Kishon Vijay Abraham I <kishon@...com>
To:	Mingkai Hu <mingkai.hu@....com>,
	Stanimir Varbanov <svarbanov@...sol.com>,
	David Daney <david.daney@...ium.com>,
	"linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org"
	<linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
	"linux-omap@...r.kernel.org" <linux-omap@...r.kernel.org>,
	Carlos Palminha <CARLOS.PALMINHA@...opsys.com>
Subject: Re: Support for configurable PCIe endpoint

Hi,

On Wednesday 17 August 2016 03:19 PM, Mingkai Hu wrote:

> [...]

Initially I had some confusion w.r.t this because the address allocated in RC
memory can also be an address in EP system. For example let's assume we connect
two similar systems one configured as RC and the other configured as EP. The
PCI driver in the RC allocates memory in it's DDR (say 0x80000000) and programs
this address in the EP. Since it's a similar system, 0x80000000 will also be an
address in the EPs DDR. This will result in EP transferring data to it's own
DDR (at 0x80000000) instead of the same address in RC.

But later realized instead of directly using the DDR address given by RC, this
address should only be used to program the outbound window. That way the target
of the outbound window can be an address given by the RC and source should be
an address from the address space in the EP's system.

Do you also use the RC memory address to program the outbound window?

Thanks
Kishon