Date:   Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:58:13 +0100
From:   Matt Fleming <matt@...eblueprint.co.uk>
To:     Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>,
Cc:     Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@...aro.org>,
        Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri-calderon@...ux.intel.com>,
        Russ Anderson <rja@....com>,
        Scott Lawson <scott.lawson@...el.com>,
        Sylvain Chouleur <sylvain.chouleur@...il.com>,
        Taku Izumi <izumi.taku@...fujitsu.com>,
        Tony Luck <tony.luck@...el.com>,
        Xishi Qiu <qiuxishi@...wei.com>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL 00/29] EFI changes for v4.9

On Fri, 09 Sep, at 04:18:22PM, Matt Fleming wrote:
> Folks, please queue up the following patches for v4.9. There's more
> work on refactoring EFI code to be architecture independent and the
> largest number of patches is spent cleaning up the EFI memory map code
> and allowing drivers on x86 to reserve EFI boot services for all of
> runtime.
>
> The architecture independent quest is going pretty well and it was
> only a couple of lines to get the esrt driver working on arm64.
>
> Other than that there's some cleanups and fixes, and a merge of the
> out of tree EFI runtime driver from the FWTS project.

Ard just raised the point that some of the changes in this pull,
particularly the conversion of the EFI runtime services from
spinlock-protection to semaphore, would benefit enormously from
testing in linux-next before the merge window.

Could someone please pull these changes into tip soon so that we can
get as much testing done as possible?