Date:   Fri, 7 Oct 2016 08:11:36 -0300
From:   Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...pensource.com>
To:     Jiri Kosina <jikos@...nel.org>
Cc:     Jörg Otte <jrg.otte@...il.com>,
        Johannes Stezenbach <js@...uxtv.org>,
        Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@...teo.de>,
        Andy Lutomirski <luto@...nel.org>,
        Michael Krufky <mkrufky@...uxtv.org>,
        Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...nel.org>,
Subject: Re: Problem with VMAP_STACK=y

Em Fri, 7 Oct 2016 09:52:56 +0200 (CEST)
Jiri Kosina <jikos@...nel.org> escreveu:

> On Thu, 6 Oct 2016, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>
> > I can't see any other obvious error on the conversion. You could try to
> > enable debug options at DVB core/dvb-usb and/or add some printk's to the
> > driver and see what's happening.
>
> Mauro, also please don't forget that there are many more places in
> drivers/media that still perform DMA on stack, and so have to be fixed for
> 4.9 (as VMAP_STACK makes that to be immediately visible problem even on
> x86_64, which it wasn't the case before).

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm doing the conversion of drivers under dvb-usb,
at:
	https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/log/?h=media_dmastack_fixes

I'll be sending the patches to the ML after ready.

I'll then take a look on other USB drivers that use the stack. I guess
the non-USB media drivers are safe from this issue.

Thanks,
Mauro