Date:   Mon, 17 Oct 2016 06:50:14 +0000
From:   Lipengcheng <lpc.li@...ilicon.com>
To:     Peter Chen <hzpeterchen@...il.com>,
        "balbi@...nel.org" <balbi@...nel.org>
CC:     "gregkh@...uxfoundation.org" <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        "linux-usb@...r.kernel.org" <linux-usb@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: RE: USB GADGET: have a question about usb2eth

Hi,
	thank you for your suggestion.
	I have a question about usb2eth. In the function gen_ndis_set_resp
of the rndis.c, the value of *params->filter may be 0x20 from the
pc set command; Howerver the value is used cdc_filter =
dev->port_usb->cdc_filter in the function eth_start_xmit of the u_ether.c.
If we do not judge the RNDIS_PACKET_TYPE_PROMISCUOUS and the value is
0x20, the broadcast packet can not send the pc win7; At the result,
the linux ping the win7 is slow an the first. At the same time, Why are
different value between RNDIS_PACKET_TYPE_PROMISCUOUS and
USB_CDC_PACKET_TYPE_PROMISCUOUS? If the value of RNDIS_PACKET_TYPE_PROMISCUOUS
and USB_CDC_PACKET_TYPE_PROMISCUOUS is same, then the linux ping the win7 is
normal speed.

Best Regards
Pengcheng Li