Date:   Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:37:35 -0500
From:   Richard Kuo <rkuo@...eaurora.org>
To:     SF Markus Elfring <elfring@...rs.sourceforge.net>
Cc:     Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@...6.fr>,
        linux-hexagon@...r.kernel.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        kernel-janitors@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Hexagon-setup: Combine four seq_printf() calls into one call in
 show_cpuinfo()

I wrote it the original way precisely for readability; it's easier, at least
to me, to read and modify the old way.

However, in my development version I happen to be printing a lot more
stuff.

To test, I collapsed 18 of my seq_printf's into one call.  That reduced the
function size by a couple hundred bytes.  (Didn't do anything for the final
kernel size though.)

If it makes things better, even if only slightly, doesn't introduce bugs,
and doesn't otherwise violate any other rules (correct me if I'm wrong), I
would personally accept the minor readability tradeoff in this case.

Acked-by: Richard Kuo <rkuo@...eaurora.org>