Date:   Mon, 19 Dec 2016 16:37:52 +0000
From:   Matthew Wilcox <mawilcox@...rosoft.com>
To:     Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@...il.com>
CC:     Heiko Stuebner <heiko@...ech.de>,
        Matthew Wilcox <willy@...radead.org>,
        Zhang Rui <rui.zhang@...el.com>,
        Eduardo Valentin <edubezval@...il.com>,
        "Mika Westerberg" <mika.westerberg@...ux.intel.com>,
        Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@...el.com>
Subject: RE: thermal zones break with patch "Reimplement IDR and IDA using the
 radix tree" (mainline+next)

From: Andy Shevchenko [mailto:andy.shevchenko@...il.com]
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Matthew Wilcox
> <mawilcox@...rosoft.com> wrote:
> > Now ... thermal is actually using an IDR when it could save memory by using
> an IDA.  Are you interested in doing that conversion?
>
> +Cc: Mika, Vinod
>
> Same here for at least DMA Engine (and perhaps another place in
> thermal subsystem).

Hey Andy, thanks for testing!  Could you test another patch for me as well, to switch DMA Engine over to using an IDA instead of an IDR?  This should save 576 bytes on a normal setup.

The patch itself is here:
http://git.infradead.org/users/willy/linux-dax.git/commitdiff/a4f4e8554639b3fba9a62c07ad0e2423ea1f5f31

but it may be better just to test the head of this tree:
http://git.infradead.org/users/willy/linux-dax.git/shortlog/refs/heads/idr-2016-12-16

as I keep fixing bugs :-)