Date:   Thu, 22 Dec 2016 13:29:57 +0100 (CET)
From:   Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@...6.fr>
To:     Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>
cc:     cocci@...teme.lip6.fr, linux-hwmon@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Converting DEVICE_ATTR to DEVICE_ATTR_{RO,RW,WO} and changing
 function names at the same time

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016, Guenter Roeck wrote:

> Hi Julia,
>
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 08:39:38PM +0100, Julia Lawall wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, 21 Dec 2016, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Julia,

> I compile tested those two patches. If possible please drop vexpress-hwmon.c
> from the patch series; the changes in that file don't add any value.
>
> I compile tested all files, and reviewed the patch. It all looks good.
> Please submit the series.
>
> Again, thanks a lot for your help!

I have sent the patches.  I adjusted the semantic patch so that the
indentation of function parameters/arguments would only change if the
length of the function name changes.

Do you think this could be of more general interest in the Linux kernel?
Since the semantic patch works pretty well, I could add it to the
scripts/coccinelle directory?  Previously, however, I got some negative
feedback about this change, because people felt that the new names hid the
actual behavior, so I didn't pursue it.

julia