Date:   Sat, 24 Dec 2016 12:02:11 +0100
From:   SF Markus Elfring <elfring@...rs.sourceforge.net>
To:     linux-media@...r.kernel.org,
        Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...nel.org>
Cc:     LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        kernel-janitors@...r.kernel.org
Subject: [media] tm6000: Addition of an asterisk to the data type for “urb_dma”?

Hello,

I have looked at the implementation of the function “tm6000_alloc_urb_buffers”
once more.
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/tree/drivers/media/usb/tm6000/tm6000-video.c?id=84ede50b623fb45c4c026c80d0abf8cc5193f041#n469

A pointer for an array is also assigned to the member “urb_dma” of the data
structure “tm6000_core” there. I would interpret the corresponding data type
specification in the way that only a single element should be managed by
this field so far.
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/media/usb/tm6000/tm6000.h?v=4.9#L271

How do you think about to add another asterisk to this data type specification
so that the desired array management would become bit clearer for such a field
(similar to the member “urb_buffer”)?

Regards,
Markus