Date:   Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:13:42 +0000
From:   Shameerali Kolothum Thodi <shameerali.kolothum.thodi@...wei.com>
To:     Mark Rutland <mark.rutland@....com>
CC:     "marc.zyngier@....com" <marc.zyngier@....com>,
        "will.deacon@....com" <will.deacon@....com>,
        Linuxarm <linuxarm@...wei.com>,
        "devicetree@...r.kernel.org" <devicetree@...r.kernel.org>,
        John Garry <john.garry@...wei.com>,
        "Guohanjun (Hanjun Guo)" <guohanjun@...wei.com>
Subject: RE: [RFC 1/4] irqchip, gicv3-its: Add device tree binding for
 hisilicon 161010801 erratum

PCIe RC has a configuration setting to enable/disable SMMU
bypass for PCIe MSI write and with this patch series we
are using the disable mode. So it bypasses SMMU always for
MSI but not for DMA.

As per our SoC engineers this implementation seems to be based on an earlier
version of GIC spec earlier version the GIC spec(Document
number:PRD03-GENC-010745 18.0) where it says:

"Implementations may choose to transform writes to GITS_TRANSLATER by either:
 -multiplexing the device ID onto the address bus (which is what GIC-500 provides
  a mechanism for), or
 -extending the data value to 64 bits, providing the device ID in the upper bits,
  and transforming the access to become a 64-bit write"

Though I can't find the same in latest GIC spec.

Thanks,
Shameer