Date:   Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:38:01 +0900
From:   Stafford Horne <shorne@...il.com>
To:     Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>
Cc:     Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@...driver.com>,
        fengguang.wu@...el.com, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
        Stefan Kristiansson <stefan.kristiansson@...nalahti.fi>,
        "linux-next@...r.kernel.org" <linux-next@...r.kernel.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 19

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 08:54:53PM -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 01/25/2017 08:37 AM, Paul Gortmaker wrote:
> > [Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 19] On 23/01/2017 (Mon 23:11) Stafford Horne wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >

> > > Are all of these builds using the tests from lkp-tests [0]?
> >
> > Not using any specific tests, other than compiling allmodconfig and
> > defconfig.
> >

> > > If so and no one is working on openrisc toolchain updates I will package up
> > > a modern toolchain for the cdn [1] and send patches for lkp-test.
> > >
> > > If there is something else that needs to be done let me know.
> > >
> > > [0] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wfg/lkp-tests.git
> > > [1] https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_64/4.5.1/
> >
> > If you could work with Tony (his email is at the bottom of the crosstool
> > front page in [1]) to get the or32 binutils updated, that would be
> > great.  With all the arch currrently in linux, I pretty much have to
> > just use what is available from kernel.org as prebuilts.
> >

> Different problem, but from the 0day info I thought you might be interested
> in the following breakage as well (seen in -next).
>
> /opt/buildbot/slave/next-next/build/arch/score/kernel/traps.c: In function 'do_adedata':
> /opt/buildbot/slave/next-next/build/arch/score/kernel/traps.c:185:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'search_exception_tables'
>
> Reported on kerneltests.org.

Thanks Guenter,

Is this for me of Paul?

You reported score above, but I think probably this is also impacting
openrisc.

Anyway,
I think this is due to Puals changes which separated out extable from
module.  traps.c in score and openrisc use search_exception_tables and
include <linux/module.h> to get it.

I did see Paul post a patch to fix traps.c too,

This should be fixed by today.

-Stafford