Date:   Sun, 29 Jan 2017 19:30:23 +0530
From:   Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@...earchut.com>
To:     Phillip Lougher <phillip@...ashfs.org.uk>,
        linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org,
        probono@...edarwin.org
Cc:     Mention <mention@...eply.github.com>,
        probonopd/AppImageKit
        <reply+0000ffc8e7c1c02a103a7e02fae0854f6526f0c597fde5d992cf0000000114a5950292a169ce0c25d316@...ly.github.com>,
        probonopd/AppImageKit <AppImageKit@...eply.github.com>
Subject: squashfs-tools: Add -offset option to skip n bytes at the start of
 the file

On Sun, 2017-01-29 at 03:33 -0800, probonopd wrote:
> Yes, I am not happy about that.
> You could either push your change to the squashfs folks
> Sent a PR half a year ago but no reaction: plougher/squashfs-tools#13 - is
> something wrong with it?

That repo seems inactive. So does the git repo at kernel.org. but I would rely
on that one.

Let's try fresh now. Given there's been not much development in the upstream
repo, I've just taken your patch, as is, for submission.

> Or you could just carry the delta and ask the user to fetch the squashfs-tools
> source themselves
> Do you mean "carry the delta" as in "provide a diff"?

Doing now.

Dear Squashfs Team,

Can you please review/include the attached patch into squashfs-tools ?
The mentioned changes are needed by AppImageKit.

What is AppImage

The AppImage format is a format for packaging applications in a way that allows
them to run on a variety of different target systems (base operating systems,
distributions) without further modification.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AppImage

AppImageKit is a concrete implementation of the AppImage format and provides
tools such as appimagetool and appimaged for conveniently handling AppImages.

https://github.com/probonopd/AppImageKit

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)