Date:   Thu, 23 Feb 2017 19:40:13 +0100
From:   Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
To:     Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@...il.com>
Cc:     Alan Stern <stern@...land.harvard.edu>,
        torvalds@...ux-foundation.org,
        kernel list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        linux-usb@...r.kernel.org, gregkh@...uxfoundation.org,
        bhelgaas@...gle.com, linux-pci@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: v4.10-rc8 (-rc6) boot regression on Intel desktop, does not boot
 after cold boots, boots after reboot

On Thu 2017-02-23 17:28:26, Frederic Weisbecker wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 08:27:43PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > On Tue 2017-02-14 18:59:56, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > Hi!

> > > Hmm. It hangs during PCI fixups, and it hangs in v4.10-rc8, too.
> > >
> > > With debug patch below, I get
> > >
> > > ...1d.7: PCI fixup... pass 2
> > > ...1d.7: PCI fixup... pass 3
> > > ...1d.7: PCI fixup... pass 3 done
> > >
> > > ...followed by hang. So yes, it looks USB related.
> > >
> > > (Sometimes it hangs with some kind backtrace involving secondary CPU
> > > startup, unfortunately useful info is off screen at that point).
> >
> > Forgot to say, 1d.7 is EHCI controller.
> >
> > 00:1d.7 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB2 EHCI
> > Controller (rev 01)
>
> Ok, I should have access soon to a EeePc 1015CX (which seem to have this controller).
> I hope I'll be able to reproduce the issue there. If not, I'm sorry but I'll have to
> burden you again :-)

Go through more mails. It is only reproducible after cold boot. .. so
I doubt it will be easy to reproduce on another machine.

Now... I do have serial port, and I even might have serial cable
somewhere, but.... Giving how sensitive it is, it is probably going to
go away with console on ttyS...

									Pavel

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (182 bytes)