Date:   Thu, 2 Mar 2017 15:28:22 +0100
From:   Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
To:     Jarkko Nikula <jarkko.nikula@...mer.com>
Cc:     Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@...il.com>,
        Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@...com>, sre@...nel.org,
        kernel list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        linux-arm-kernel <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
        linux-omap@...r.kernel.org, tony@...mide.com, khilman@...nel.org,
        aaro.koskinen@....fi, ivo.g.dimitrov.75@...il.com,
        patrikbachan@...il.com, serge@...lyn.com, abcloriens@...il.com
Subject: Re: Microphone gain on N900

Hi!

> >> v4.10 works quite nicely on N900, but I still have problems with
> >> audio. Even GSM calls would be usable, if I had reasonable volume on
> >> microphone and speaker... but I don't.
> >>
> >> Both speaker and microphone are too quiet. I can get louder output by
> >> plugging headset -- good. I can hear the other side nicely, but am
> >> too quiet for them. Unfortunately, even if I plug in wired headset,
> >> internal microphone is still used.
> >>
> For me these settings provide reasonable playback and capture volumes
> using v4.10.1:
>
> amixer -D hw:0 set PCM 100%
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Line DAC' 80% on
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Line' on
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Left Line Mixer DACL1' on
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Right Line Mixer DACR1' on
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Jack Function' 'Headphone'
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'TPA6130A2 Headphone' 80%
>
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Jack Function' 'Headset'
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'AGC' off
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Input Select' 'ADC'
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Left PGA Mixer Line1L' on
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Left Line1L Mux' 'differential'
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Right PGA Mixer Line1L' on
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Right Line1L Mux' 'differential'
> amixer -D hw:0 set 'ADC HPF Cut-off' '0.0045xFs' 'disabled'
> amixer -D hw:0 set PGA 50% on
> amixer -D hw:0 cset iface=MIXER,name='PGA Capture Switch',index=0 on

This seems to correspond to volumes I have had before. They are enough
for phone call in quiet environment, but not really for normal usage.

Do you have settings where microphone on wired headset works?

Thanks,
									Pavel

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (182 bytes)