Date:   Mon, 6 Mar 2017 08:45:33 +0000
From:   Masaki Ota <masaki.ota@...alps.com>
To:     Paul Donohue <linux-kernel@...lsd.com>,
        Nick Fletcher <nick.m.fletcher@...il.com>
CC:     Joseph Salisbury <joseph.salisbury@...onical.com>,
        "ben@...rt-cactus.org" <ben@...rt-cactus.org>,
        "mhocko@...e.com" <mhocko@...e.com>,
        "dmitry.torokhov@...il.com" <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>,
        "pali.rohar@...il.com" <pali.rohar@...il.com>,
        "rydberg@...math.org" <rydberg@...math.org>,
        "linux@...ck-us.net" <linux@...ck-us.net>,
        "open list:HID CORE LAYER" <linux-input@...r.kernel.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        "stable@...r.kernel.org" <stable@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: [REGRESSION][v4.9.y][v4.10.y] Input: ALPS - set DualPoint flag
 for 74 03 28 devices

Hi, Paul,

I understand the current situation.
We have three devices that have ID: E7=73 03 28.

DELL: Normal Pad type (There are Left and right button below Touchpad.)
ID: E7=73 03 28, EC=73 01 13
ID: E7=73 03 28, EC=73 01 22

TOSHIBA: Button Pad type
ID: E7=73 03 28, EC=73 01 14

I think Nick mentioned about TOSHIBA device.
I have checked the source code and I guess EC=73 01 14 device does not have "ALPS_BUTTONPAD" Flag, although it is the Button Pad.
Because "alps_update_btn_info_ss4_v2()" does not support E7=73 03 28 devices.

E7=73 03 14 device can use below code.
is_btnless = (otp[1][1] >> 3) & 0x01;

E7=73 03 28 device has to use below bit.
is_btnless = (otp[1][0] >> 1) & 0x01;

I will check other parts of source code.

Best Regards,
Masaki Ota