Date:   Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:42:15 +0100
From:   Mel Gorman <mgorman@...hsingularity.net>
To:     Doug Smythies <dsmythies@...us.net>
Cc:     'Rafael Wysocki' <rafael.j.wysocki@...el.com>,
        'Jörg Otte' <jrg.otte@...il.com>,
        'Linux PM' <linux-pm@...r.kernel.org>,
        'Srinivas Pandruvada' <srinivas.pandruvada@...ux.intel.com>,
        "'Rafael J. Wysocki'" <rafael@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: Performance of low-cpu utilisation benchmark regressed severely
 since 4.6

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 08:41:09AM -0700, Doug Smythies wrote:
> On 2017.04.11 03:03 Mel Gorman wrote:

> I would like to repeat your tests on my test computer (i7-2600K).
> I am not familiar with, and have not been able to find,
> "the git test suite" shellscript. Could you point me to it?

If you want to use git source directly do a checkout from
https://github.com/git/git and build it. The core "benchmark" is make
test and timing it.

The way I'm doing it is via mmtests so

git clone https://github.com/gormanm/mmtests
cd mmtests
./run-mmtests --no-monitor --config configs/config-global-dhp__workload_shellscripts test-run-1
cd work/log
../../compare-kernels.sh | less

and it'll generate a similar report to what I posted in this email
thread. If you do multiple tests with different kernels then change the
name of "test-run-1" to preserve the old data. compare-kernel.sh will
compare whatever results you have.

Thanks for taking a look.

--
Mel Gorman