Date:   Thu, 13 Apr 2017 17:49:49 +0000
From:   <Mario.Limonciello@...l.com>
To:     <luto@...nel.org>
Subject: RE: RFC: WMI Enhancements

The SMI based entry is already exposed using dcdbas.

The WMI version when executing a call that would be run as a SMI
will copy the buffer to an area of memory that the BIOS has already
been marked reserved to execute the SMI and copy the result out.

> TBH, I've occasionally considered writing a driver to expose SMM code
> execution on systems with a known reliable exploit :)

On Dell HW?  I'm sure our security folks would be very interested in this.